Granite is one of the most widely used natural stones for countertops and vanities
You can thank mother nature for this beautiful specimen of natural stone. Deep within the earth, granite has formed and reformed over millions of years. Second only to diamonds, granite is a hard and dense natural stone used virtually anywhere. Versatile, resilient and naturally beautiful,granite is an excellent choice for countertops, vanities and outdoor kitchens. Granite countertops can last a lifetime and can be classified as a green building material. Granite contains no harmful chemicals and does not emit harmful radiation or gasses.
Beauty and Function Combined
Granite is not considered one of the countertop surface options with a wide range of colours. However, granite is available in a fair number of colour and pattern with a trademark shiny speckled appearance. When you choose granite for your project, you really are getting a one-of-a-kind countertop. Bathroom and kitchen countertops withstand sustained use over time. Using a durable and timeless natural stone like granite, will easily combine function and durability with a unique one-of-a-kind style.
- Heat Resistant and will not melt or blister
- Low Maintenance and easy to clean with soap and water
- If properly treated, granite is a stain-resistant surface
- Granite countertops are very resistant to chemicals
- Granite adds value to your home and does not depreciate
- Granite needs to sealed
- Heavy object dropped on a corner might crack or chip the granite
- Granite can be permanently stained if you seal it with a preexisting stain
- Granite often requires additional structural support, especially in spans and cantilevers.
- If you like symmetry, granite is not a good choice as nature dictates patterns and colours
Not only will you appreciate the look of quartz, you’ll find it remarkably easy to maintain—unlike marble and natural stone, which require a special sealant and can be finicky to care forBob Villa